Saturday, May 25, 2013

One Year in Jamaica.



It’s already been one year since I moved to Jamaica. AND I’M STILL HERE!!! Haha I really did struggle for the first time with adaptation by moving into this country. There were a lot of changes I had to deal with. Anniversaries like this one often bring mixed feelings for me. I don’t regret a thing, I love being with Erik and I cannot imagine it any other way. Even through my darkest days, Erik was my daily dose of happiness and comfort. I will always be grateful to him making this all possible. This experience will always be a part of us. It is an unbelievable chance we have and our future will make this worth it. We still have a lot to discover here, a lot of memories to make. Jamaica will always be full of surprises! I still cannot believe what my life has become. We don’t know how much time we have left here, we don’t have any official plans but we know that life already has a lot of them for us and we have to appreciate this time of liberty. 

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations to both of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    Congrats to you that you have made it to the first year of living in Jamaica.I read your blog from time to time and I smile...Many of your stories sound exactly like my very own stories during my first year or two on the Island.It does get easier, but each time a close friends leave the island, a void is left.
    Keep writing and have fun with your online event planning class. I am currently taking a creative writing class and loving it for sure...

    Walk Good as they say here.
    D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm glad you enjoy my blog :)

      Delete
  3. Excelent blog ISA,

    Go Red Stripe and congrats amd making it through your first year.

    Cheers,

    -Pierre

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats. You need to start a club/group for women even if you only met once a month. I've read blogs of other women...many missionaries who feel the same way. I'm a Jamaican American and I have been away so long that I don't think I could live there for a year. My ifestyle is so different and I am now so hooked to my gadgets.

    ReplyDelete