Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Second chance to Rooms On The Beach, Negril.


In last June, I had the chance to reunite with a good friend from Canada who decided to visit us in Jamaica. Gabrielle started travelling not so long ago and loved everything about it so she was really excited to see this island. Even though I warned her about our location and that the weather could be affected by the Hurricane Season, she still wanted to come.  It rained almost every day in May so I was pretty scared it would be the same in June but as soon as she arrived the Sun came back. It was perfect. Having someone who enjoys discovering a new country made me relive my first moments here in Jamaica. So of course I took her on a road-trip to Negril! I decided to give a second chance to the Rooms On The Beach resort. I am glad I did. It was a completely different experience than what my friend Laurence and I previously had in March. Since Gabrielle and I now stayed in the low-season and the hotel was almost empty, we were upgraded to an Ocean Front King bedroom with a huge balcony! 

 









The only thing was that our patio door did not lock. The pool was closed for treatment for our two nights stay but this time it was not an option as the beach was picture-perfect. Because the hotel was not busy, we had better service at the front desk and at the restaurant for complimentary breakfast. So after this second experience at Rooms On The Beach Negril, I would now definitively recommend to stay there in the low-season or if you request an Ocean Front room. It is THE place to go when you are on a budget and you have a rental car to enjoy Negril by dinning out of the resort. I would rate this second stay an 8 out of 10.

*Great restaurants from a walking distance: 
- Café GOA (street side) : breakfast all day and more!
- Kuyaba (beach side)
- Italian Café (amazing lobster and pizza!)

*Great restaurants to go to if you have a car or if you are willing to take a taxi:
- Rockhouse (main restaurant by the cliffs...amazing view!)
- Rick's café (for a lunch, drinks and cliff jumping)
Dinning out at The Rockhouse restaurant by the cliffs


2 comments:

  1. Allo Isa,

    The ocean view is awesome, and your meal looks good to. Is that chicken and fish?

    Jamaica-me-HUNGRY!

    -Pierre

    ReplyDelete