Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Rick's Café Negril



When you have the chance to visit Negril, Rick’s Café is THE spot to spend an afternoon and have lots of fun!! It is a place like no other; a bar, a restaurant, with live music shows, a pool, a souvenir boutique, an amazing view of turquoise water by the cliffside, famous sunsets AND OF COURSE CLIFF JUMPING. All of this guarantees you will appreciate your experience at Rick’s Café. Drinks and food are presented in a funny way in their menu, here are some examples: 

We'll respect you in the morning.
No orgies please.











My favorite items are the Spicy Chicken Dip and the Frozen Key Lime Cheesecake; a-ma-zing. Erik’s favorite is the Jerk Chicken and Waffle, sounds weird but it is really good!  You always need a Red Stripe or a signature drink on the side of course ;)


On my first trip to Jamaica, I jumped from the 35 feet platform at Rick’s because I always like the rush of cliff jumping. This one, I will not do again…haha I probably broke my tailbone and I had pain when sitting for the next 6 months after this. I am not saying not to experience it yourself but just be warned that you can hurt yourself pretty bad. Now, every time I go back, I just watch or jump from a lower platform. :)  Here is my hurtful first jump back in November 2011...



For those not crazy enough to jump, ‘’professional’’ divers will ask customers for a contribution to reach 20$US and give a show by jumping from the highest point. Here is a video.





Overall, I think Rick’s Café is a must when you are visiting beautiful Negril. This one is a 10 out of 10! Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Amazing view and ambiance at Rick's! Easily my #1 in all bars & resturants tha I've ever seen. Wouldn't be surprised to see it on a TOP 10 list of all bars worldwide. Enough said?

    ReplyDelete